LIVE COVERAGE OF APPLE’S WWDC 2015
We’ll be giving you updates live from the World Wide Developers Conference in San Francisco. You can also get a look at our Twitter where we’ll live tweet the event as well! @techdriveco
10:12am OSX is being announced!
10:14am Craig Federighi announced OSX El Capitan.
Annotation: ” El Capitan is the name of a mountain formation in Yosemite. It’s reasonable to assume it’ll be a very mild update.” – Angel Damion Robles
10:20am New multitasking windows lock. New Mac Notes app also saves thumbnails of photos by dragging and dropping. Multitasking has become much smoother in OSX.
10:26am Metal is a graphics interface that Apple hopes to allow developers to create better gaming experiences and even Adobe has integrated some of it’s tools creating faster smoother rendering.
10:30am OSX El Capitan comes this fall.
10:36 a.m. When you grab your iPhone in the morning, it can suggest apps to open based on your daily routines.
10:43am We now move onto Apple Pay.
- Discover is added to the cards available on the app.
- Square launches reader to read NFC payments.
- Pinterest will launch Buyable pins that allow you to buy products from pinterest using apple pay.
- Apple Pay gets launched in the UK starting next month.
- Store Cards are added to the feature including loyalty cards and store credit cards.
- Passbook has been renamed to Wallet.
10:49am Notes gets an update on iOS 9
- You can now draw inside of notes and add photos.
- You can add links into notes.
- A new attachment view allows you to see all attachments in all notes.
10:51am Apple Maps adds Public Transit and allow you to see the entire structure and the lines of the transit.
10:54am Apple releases new app News!
11:02am We move onto the iPad
- Shortcuts are added to the keyboard allowing you to cut, copy and paste easily.
- Dragging two fingers across the screen will turn your cursor into a trackpad.
11:04am iPad adds multitasking!
- By sliding a finger from the right you can see the last app you’ve visited at a glance.
- You can pin two apps next to each other allowing you to run two apps at the same time.
11:16am Swift has been announced as open source.
Annotation: “This is a great decision by Apple. They’ve really stepped up the game.” – Angel Damion Robles
11:30am watchOS 2
- Photo Album watch face will show you different pictures from your albums every time you raise your wrist
- Timelapse Watch Face shows you your city in a timelapse and also mirrors real time sun setting.
- You can now start a workout by asking Siri.
- Apple Pay will also integrate the new Wallet and Apple Pay features.
- Transit for Maps will show you step by step direction via the watch.
- More siri features are set on Siri, including homekit features such as “Hey Siri, dim the lights.”
11:48am Apple Music is announced. Apple’s very own streaming service. (because we need another one of those)
- You can stream of all the songs on iTunes
- Apple’s first radio station will be broadcasting worldwide all day.
- Each artist will have a full page that gives art, music, posts and information. All of the musicians desires.
Annotation: “Apple’s music platform can be a really wonderful platform for many musicians. The issue is we already have Spotify and Google Play and Beats Music which provide different features that people love. Apple can try and integrate everything in one place which looks and sounds wonderful. The radio station is what I’m excited about. BeatsOne will make music a group experience again without the annoying top 40 on repeat that basic stations do.” – Angel Damion Robles