FLYR: Best Deals To Las Vegas
This Post Originally Appeared On GetFlyr
Booking a cheap flight to Las Vegas doesn’t have to be a gamble. While fares to Las Vegas are highly competitive, they are also extremely volatile. But fear not: smart travelers can save up to $753 by following all of our money-saving tips, to compare flights you could also have a look into Lentovertailu websites that aim to find you the cheapest fares to the destination of your choice.
Read on as we tell you everything you need to know about cheap flights to Las Vegas and conclude on the 5 winning strategies to save.
HOW MUCH CAN I SAVE ON MY FLIGHT TO LAS VEGAS?
Many visitors to Las Vegas wonder if it’s worth all that time and effort to look for cheap flights. We have an easy answer for this: absolutely.
To better quantify your potential savings, we look at the difference in fare between the best available deal and the worst price you could pay for the same seat, given all the different dates that you could travel, if booking today.
We at FLYR call this the Best-to-Worst Ratio for airfare volatility.
- Avg. Price/Mile US Domestic Average$0.23
- Avg. Cheap Ticket US Domestic Average$317
- Avg. Distance to Destination US Domestic Average1,394 miles
DESTINATION AIRFARE VOLATILITY
- Best-to-Worst Ratio US Domestic Average4.3
- Best-to-Worst Difference US Domestic Average$753
- Exp. Avg. Cheap Ticket Increase– Tomorrow+ $8– Next Week+ $39Number of Price Changes Next Week1.46
US Domestic Average
SAVINGS OPPORTUNITY: HIGH
While the average U.S. domestic round-trip coach ticket to Las Vegas is priced at $317, with a minimum of $225, the Best-to-Worst Ratio is 4.3x. In other words, in the worst case scenario on your Vegas trip, you could end up buying the very same seat at up to 4.3x the minimum available fare, or $978! — depending on the length of your stay, how far in advance you book your ticket, and other money-saving strategies.
Airfares and the Best-to-Worst Ratio also vary significantly by route. On specific routes, the Best-to-Worst Ratio can reach up to 10.2x:
From San Francisco (SFO) to Las Vegas:
- The average price today for round trip cheap flights is $154, with a minimum at $87
- The Best-to-Worst Ratio is 6.1x
From Los Angeles (LAX) to Las Vegas:
- The average price today for cheap flights is $110, with a minimum at $81
- The Best-to-Worst Ratio is 5.4x
From New York (NYC) to Las Vegas:
- The average price today for cheap flights is $472, with a minimum at $333
- The Best-to-Worst Ratio is 5.5x
From Chicago (ORD) to Las Vegas:
- The average price today for cheap flights is $265, with a minimum at $157
- The Best-to-Worst Ratio is 10.0x
From Seattle (SEA) to Las Vegas:
- The average price today for cheap flights is $363, with a minimum at $226
- The Best-to-Worst Ratio is 2.6x
The most important strategy to save on Las Vegas airfares is to optimize when to travel, and when to book that trip.
Travelers know that airfares often go up over time, but did you know that fares also often drop? In fact, the average fare to Las Vegas goes up 28 times and down 25 times in the 180 days before departure. That means that the price of your flight to Las Vegas will change once every three and a half days!
In addition, fares can change up to multiple times per day. On average, 1 in 4 flights that pop up during any online search will change within 24 hours.
What you need to know to save on airfare to Las Vegas:
- Las Vegas airfares vary drastically between weekend and weekday airfares, with weekend flights (including extended weekend trips) being priced up to 3x higher than weekday fares.
- The 14-day and 21-day advance purchase cutoffs are significant for Las Vegas flights. On average, expect an increase of 36% if you book less than 3 weeks in advance (vs. if you booked before), and an additional increase of 15% if you book less than 2 weeks in advance.
- Historically, the optimal time to buy cheap roundtrips to Las Vegas is about 74 days before the departure date.
Currently, the cheapest flights to Las Vegas are from:
- Los Angeles (LAX), currently at 37% below average.
- San Francisco (SFO), currently at 31% below average.
- Philadelphia (PHL), currently at 29% below average.
- Detroit (DTW), currently at 27% below average.
- Chicago (ORD), currently at 26% below average.
Here are some great deals to Las Vegas available now:
- The cheapest roundtrip price found for departures in the next six months is: $81 from Los Angeles (LAX) on United Airlines departing on August 19th and returning August 29th. (Details and Lock In)
- The cheapest one-way price found for departures in the next six months is: $41 from Los Angeles (LAS) on United Airlines departing on September 1st (Details and Lock In)
5 STEPS TO CHEAPER FLIGHTS TO LAS VEGAS
To save, follow those 5 tips on your next trip to Las Vegas:
- Use FLYR to predict fare increases. If you need time to decide, you can use the FareKeep tool to lock in today’s price and minimize your risk on the best flight deals for as little as $3 for 7 days.
- Try to book 3 weeks or more in advance.
- Be flexible on dates and consider leaving on a weekday.
- Avoid the expensive travel dates shown on the FLYR fare calendar, above.
- Look for local deals on the Las Vegas tourism website.
Created and Updated by the FLYR Research Team, as of July 21st, 2015