BMW Ultimate Driving Experience Events Are Launching Nationwide From March 21
BMW is launching the Ultimate Driving Experience, a nationwide tour that will offer dynamic behind-the-wheel driving programs through 10 events in 9 markets for a total of 90 event days — from March through November, 2015 — with over 90 BMW vehicles.
Coming back this time, the nationwide events will feature BMW’s Teen Driving School, a fully interactive, 2-hour teen driving course featuring the BMW X1 and 228i that will be offered at no cost. The Teen Driving School will provide an introduction to driving theory and improving driving skills through classroom instruction, driver awareness activities and hands-on driving exercises. A main focus during this special school is to create alertness about the consequences of distracted driving with special emphasis on texting while driving and how it affects not only to teens, but also to everyone who drives a vehicle. Eligible drivers under the age of 21 with a valid learner’s permit or driver’s license can register for the school.
“We are excited to once again be providing BMW fans and driving enthusiasts across the country the opportunity to get behind the wheel. The free, 2-hour Teen Driving School program is a key element of the Experience, allowing new and inexperienced drivers to learn invaluable tools relating to safe driving and the dangers of distracted driving,” said Kevin Phillips, Head of Retail and Experiential Marketing, BMW of North America.
Other activities will include:
- Dynamic Drive Experiences are professionally guided demonstrations of the BMW 535i Sedan and X5 xDrive50i that include Hill Descent Control, which is a BMW electronic function that allows for safe decent and proper vehicle balance on uneven surfaces, and Skid Pad, showcasing vehicle control on wet surfaces;
- Street Drives that allow for 20-minute self-guided test drives per vehicle of a range of BMW vehicles including the BMW 2 Series, 4 Series, 6 Series, X Models and the all-electric i3;
- Autocross, a 2-hour challenging, closed-course driving program featuring the BMW 3 Series, 4 Series and X4, that pairs attendees with BMW’s Professional Driving Instructors for a dynamic experience that highlights advanced driving theories, defensive driving techniques and culminates in a pulse-pounding lap around the track;
- Car Control Clinic, a full-day driving school that allows drivers to get behind the wheel of the powerful M4, M3 and M235i for an adrenaline-filled day of driving with individual instruction from BMW-certified Professional Drivers. Drivers will develop a sharper understanding of BMW’s responsive handling and performance while learning advanced driving theory. The Car Control Clinic is offered for a fee of $750.
- Additionally, The Ultimate Driving Experience will feature a main pavilion with interactive displays.
The first Ultimate Driving Experience kicks-off March 21- 29 at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Atlanta, GA. The tour will consist of 10-nine day events across the U.S. in the following markets:
For information and to register for The BMW Ultimate Driving Experience visit: http://www.bmwusa.com/ude or call 800-558-4BMW (4269). Location and dates subject to change.
Connie loves to hear your feedback, so feel free to email her or add her on LinkedIn.
One final note, if you’ve recently been accused of distracted driving and are pending a court case, it is a good idea to have the right legal representation. My friend was in such a situation and he decided that going with a lawyer similar to distracted driving accident lawyer was a fantastic idea. In the end my friend found the legal representative that they needed to win their case. People do need to be made aware that driving can be dangerous. There are even sites about dangerous roads, such as the deadliest roads in texas. When it comes to driving you have to make sure that you follow the Highway Code and that you don’t drive reckless. When it comes to a driving experience like this one for BMW, although the cars can go fast, just remember to be safe.